- 1 onion
- 3 teacups red lentils
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 liter of broth or water1
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- Cut the onion in half and chop it finely into half a moon.
- Heat the pan over a low heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Once the oil is browned, add the flour and roast for 1 minute.
- Add the lentils, broth and salt, respectively.
- Cook, stirring, for 30 minutes.
- In another saucepan, roast the flour together with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Gently add this mixture to the soup and turn off the bottom of the stove when it boils.
- Smooth with the blender.
Enjoy your meal.