- 3 large white onions
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 cups broth or water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Fresh thyme
- Bay leaf
- Bread slices
- 1 cup parmesan or gravy
- Cut the onion in half and chop it finely into half a moon.
- Grate the cheese.
- Heat the pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once the oil is browned, add the onion and cook for 15-20 minutes so that it does not burn.
- Add the butter, salt and pepper, respectively. Cook until the onions are caramelised.
- Add the flour and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- In order; add white wine, bay leaf, garlic and fresh thyme and stir.
- Add the broth, salt and pepper and cook until it boils.
- Remove your soup from the heat and serve in resistant ceramic bowls.
- Put the sliced bread and cheese on top of the soup.
- Put the bowls in the oven where you preheat them, bake until the cheeses on the soup are browned.
Enjoy your meal.